Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hansel with Pumpkins and a Video Tutorial

Two posts today so make sure to scroll down for my Crafts and Me card =)
Hi all! I can't wait to show you these adorable fall stamps from CC Designs available at icopic. I used both Swiss Pixie Fall Hansel and Swiss Pixie Fall Scene stamped twice on either side to create this scene:
Here's some close ups:

Notice the whole scene is popped up but it is all one layer.
I used the "Happy" from SP and Company Christmas Emma Stamp set. I stamped the F A L L onto a EK Success Slim Edger Leaf Chain punch after cutting apart some of the leaves.
I created that look for the leaves by stamping my Distress Ink pads directly onto my work surface, which for me is a 1 foot square ceramic tile.   I misted the surface with plain water and then laid my paper down into the beaded up ink. I kept doing this until the paper was covered. I used a mix of Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey.
Here's the copic colors I used for my coloring:

Misc. supplies that I use on almost every card:

I hope you join our challenge this week and don't forget to share any of your copic creations on our Facebook page.

Challenges:
I find all of my challenges at Feline Playful
The Outlawz Greeting Cards Challenge - Anything Goes (must include a sentiment)
Creative Stamp Friends - Autumn Colors
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Stamps R Us - Halloween/Fall
All That Scraps - Show and Tell with Designs (Monthly)
All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes (yay!! Glad you're back!!)


Hugs~
Photobucket

24 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh my word Dana this is SWEET!!! LOVE LOVE this cute image, those fabulous pumpkins and your coloring WOOWEE!! Fabulous fall creation sweetie! Hope things are going great!!! Hugs

Marjorie said...

Hi hun, lovely card, what a sweet image, love those pumpkins, saw your card on MIM so popped over for a closer look, glad I did!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

mforquer said...

OH so Gorgeous!!! LOVE those fabulous oranges! Your pumpkins look totally alive!
Hugs,
M

CraftyLoops said...

Fantastic card, I love the little pegs holding up the twine. Lee x

Lisa Jane said...

oh oww - fabulous shading .. the pumpkins look fabulous .. and the leaf bunting is so sweet
Lisa x

Jacilynn said...

I love everything about this especially the leave banner. too cute!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Dana, love the dimensional and the colouring is amazing. The bunting is fabulous, as is the gorgeous images.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Colleen Holmes said...

This is over the top! Thank you for excellent video with your wonder teaching! Ummm I see a spot open over at TO in the tutorials for this!! (hint, hint!) Hugz Dana! Colleen

jimlynn said...

Just gorgeous with all those pretty pumpkins - a perfect card for fall. Now, I'm off to watch the video!
Lynn

Danni said...

Wonderful card! I love the little clothespins!

Lisa Jane said...

oops forgot to say
Thanks for linking up with us at Make it Monday this week
Lisa x

Reflections from Granny said...

He is the cutest, and your Fall banner is the perfect touch on here, love it! Hugs, Lori m

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOWZERS!! Your coloring is amazing...do you ever get tired of hearing that?!?! :) Off to check out your video.

Brenda said...

Crazy good Dana! What a fabulous tutorial!! Love, love this fabulous card!!
Hugs~Bren

Jo said...

WOW!! what a stunning card, your colouring is out of this world, I love it.
I shall sit and watch your tutorial later today, thank you for sharing, and thank you for joining in with us at Stamps R Us challenges.
Jo xx

Nicecrane Designs said...

Sooooo funny , so cuuteeeeeee,,, love how you color the pic and all over the funny presentation,,,very well done.

Anniebee said...

Beautiful card and fantastic tute! I love coloring pumpkins too but you have it down to a science, my friend! I know from watching this that I need a darker YR and lighter BV color than what I have. I'm going to try your technique and see if it improves the appearance of my own pumpkins. Thanks for the instruction.

Roxann said...

Such a beautiful card, Dana! Your coloring is amazing!
Hugz,
Roxann

Pam Sparks said...

gorgeous coloring Dana! love your hansel creation!

Allie Cat Beads said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Dee said...

Dana, Thank you for the wonderful tutorial you did on coloring these pumpkins. I totally get what you mean about how practice makes a difference. I look at what I have done some months back and I am amazed. This video has helped me so much, Thank you and God bless

PokSa said...

I love your work. And a fantastic video. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for joining us at the Creative Stamp Friends.
xx Sandra

Nina said...

OMG, what a beautiful colouring!! Leaves me speakless here :) And the motiv is so cute, beautiful papaers and gorgeus distressing on the leaves. I totally LOVE it :)

Thanks for joining us at Kreative Stempelfreunde/Creatie Stamp Friends "Autumn Colour" challenge.
Hugs, Nina.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to give it a look.
I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Terrific blog and fantastic design and style.
My webpage ; Weight Loss Before And After