Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Your Next Stamp - Wicked Sweet

Hi guys! All month long our challenge at One Crazy Stamper is Fall/Halloween. I thought I'd use this cutey called Wicked Sweet from Your Next Stamp:
Do you recognize her from my mini card set from earlier this month? I decided to repurpose her on a full card. My papers are from Echo Park Apothecary paper pack.  
Here's a few close ups:

Sorry, I don't have my list of copics anymore. But here's a close up of that flower:


I used plain black tulle that I cut 3 different size circles with my Spellbinders. I cut 4 of each size. Then I just secured them together with a  brad.  Then I used my heat tool to scorch the edges. I actually did it pretty aggressively but given that it's for Halloween I sort of like that spider web/grungy look. 
I also distressed most of the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Black Soot.

Thanks so much for looking and I look forward to seeing you over at the Challenge.  You could win 3 cute stamps from Your Next Stamp ♥

Hugs~
Photobucket

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh Dana, what a fabulous card. I love that darling image. Hmm, darling is not usually a word for skulls and crossbones! But this is darling!! I love your flower. How smart is that to use your heat gun to scorch it a little. Super cute card!!
Hugs~Bren

redlinda said...

I do not as yet own any copic markers but I LOVE the cards. Thanks for becoming my follower.

Patti J said...

Isn't it fun repurposing? Great card, Dana! Thanks so much for explaining the tulle flower to me. I have tulle in several colors that I got to make flowers with, but didn't quite know how. You rock!!!

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. this is a fun image .. i just love the papers and that flower!
Lisa x

Hi...I'm Cindy said...

Hi Dana, I love your blog, I want ribbons across my pages, lol and the you might also like thing is way cool.
I am new to The Outlawz and am also looking for followers, wow you have a ton, I just started a blog 5 days ago so I am not even close, lol
Anyway, just letting you know I am following and looking for followers, if you like my blog please follow me tooo, ty

Cindy Potentier aka Cropingqueen
http://toolsofacropingqueen.blogspot.com

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

I like the pink in her hair :) Fabulous flower!!

Hi...I'm Cindy said...

oh my talk about tired when I wrote this comment, I totally forgot to tell you I love your card, the colours are great, the image is sweet and I love her Balloon awesome idea. your colouring is wonderful