Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Doodle Days

Wow! I cannot believe I haven't posted in so long! It's been a long road back to being healthy.  I won't bore you with all of the details but after literally months of being bedridden it is a blessing to even get on the computer, let alone being able to get "arty". 
I still need to brush up on my copic skills but here's a few doodles from my sketchbook that were done mostly with ink, watercolors and prismacolor pencils. 


The last layout I did over the weekend. Notice a theme? lol!
I adore black and white checks. My kitchen floor is black and white checks and has been for as long as I can remember. The other two layouts evolved over quite some time. I love having a page I can just turn to and doodle to my hearts content when passing time. It's a great way to wile away the time in doctors waiting rooms! I lay down all the color first with washes of watercolor paints and pencils. Then all I need to bring with me are my journal, black sharpie and a white gel pen.  When I am all done with the doodling I accentuate color in some areas with my prismacolor pencils and OMS. 

I hope all is well with you and I appreciate all of you that have continued to visit my blog or taken the time to email!

Hugs~
Photobucket

16 comments:

Tracy said...

WOOHOO! It's so wonderful to see a post from you GF! I've missed ya! WOW what an amazing group of pages. I so wish I could just let myself free to doodle like this. I just can't get out of perfectionist mode. LOL I started an art journal last week and I've already ripped off what I put on the cover cause I didn't like it. Good thing I had laid down tissue paper on the cover so I could get it off. LOL The sunflowers are just magnificent! The whole layout with the checks makes me think Alice in Wonderland. :-) Hope to catch up to speed with you soon. Hugs!

Carla S. said...

It's wonderful to see a post from you, Dana! I'm glad you are feeling much better! Your artwork is gorgeous! Fantastic coloring! Hope to see more soon!

Linda w said...

I'm so sorry to hear you've been bedridden, understand how hard that must have been. Pleased you are feeling up to creating again, always a blessing isn't it. Lovely to see a post from you again, I often look out for you. These pages are fantastic. I've recently started playing with these tangle patterns, I've not shown any as yet. I'm amazed how much more confidence they have given me in other area's of my crafting though. They are fun to play with too. Take care, hope things continue to improve for you. Hugs lin

Lisa Jane said...

Hello Dana -lovely to see you back again in blogland .. hope you feel a lot better
I love the sunflowers - so cheerful
Lisa x

NickelNook said...

Oh, HAPPY DAY!! So good to see a new post from you, Dana! What a FABULOUS and INSPIRATIONAL post it is! You obviously haven't lost your touch! I love your beautiful pages! My kitchen is decorated with sunflowers, so they're always a favorite of mine! I hope to see more from you soon but please don't over-do it!...Nancy :o)

Danni said...

Good to see you!! Hugs! I hope that your health issues are resolved so you can be back more often!
Wonderful art work!!

Gina L said...

I can't even imagine the hell of being bedridden. Ugh! I'm glad you are feeling better and getting back to your crafty projects. Love your doodling! It's fabulous.

Heather Santos said...

Yay!!!! So glad your back!

jimlynn said...

Dana, I'm SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!!! I was just thinking about you over the weekend! Sorry to hear about you being "laid up" but hopefully all is resolved and you're back on the road to recovery!

These are fantastic! Love the black and white checks too! Great pages.

Lynn

Marilyn said...

These are gorgeous! But more than that Dana, I have missed you, your posts and your wonderful art so I am so happy to see you back and I hope you make a speedy and full recovery. It is so odd because I was just thinking about you a few days ago and wondering what sort of curve life had thrown at you and now here you are. So glad you are back!

Harriet Hensley said...

welcome back and beautiful doodles.....

Trina said...

So happy to see you!

Shari said...

Wow Dana your pages are just awesome!! It is so good to see you back in blogland, you were definitely missed, and I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations!!

Sassy Scrapper said...

Oh YEAH!!!!!! I am so glad your back and on the road to getting healthy. I've missed you!!!!
Your journal is coming out absolutely divine I love every single stroke of the pen or marker.
Hugs Bonnie

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

So nice to see you blogging again. Your doodling looks great! Can't wait to see what's next. Continue to get well.

faithnme said...

ohh what Truly a blessing this is.. I had to jump on your page to make sure I was seeing correctly.. It is soo wonderful to have you posting your gorgeous creations my very talented friend.. I am soo glad to you are recovering, you have been "MISSED"

HUGS and continued Blessings
Sharette