Friday, June 22, 2012

and another card, I am on a roll!

Two cards in as many life has returned to it's proper orbit ; ) Not to say this pace will continue but I am enjoying the ride while I can. I should be cleaning house to prepare for a mother in law visit but this is so much more fun!
Here's one of the images I had inked the skin yesterday:
The image is from Mo's Digital Pencil.  Josh's birthday isn't until August and he'll be three so I'll have to do some last minute adjustments. 
I hate the way the balloons turned out. For some reason I started bringing the red balloon to the forefront. Because red can bleed so easily the more I messed with it the worse it got. Yuck, hate them!! But, it is for a 3 year old, he wouldn't have cared if I colored them with crayons. Geesh, I'm getting lazy since these are no longer DT cards. I should've colored them first off after the skin. That's a good tip for anyone starting out with copics. Start with what you think is the most challenging, that way you don't have to chuck a completed image if you save it for last.  Anyhoo, if you want to see me do balloons properly, you can check my video tutorial. 
What I like about this? His pants and gramma (me) is known for her love of black and white checked floors so I had to add those in. I like the way his pup turned out too. Did you notice the lil' frog I doodled on his bib? Gosh, I can't quit!!
Here's a close up:

The chevron papers are from K & Company. The ticket is available on my freebie page. I think that's about it. Now off to clean. Do you ever feel like your house is clean enough for your mother in law? I mean she's not going to care, but I will. We'll just have to close the door to my craftroom, cleaning that would take a week!

Challenges - 
Mo's Challenge Blog - Masculine using a Mo' image.
CCEE Stampers - Masculine ( I know this is a stretch for "masculine" but he is a boy.. lol)
Crop Stop - For Children
Delightful Challenges - Anything Goes 
Forever Friends - Must include and animal



Lisa Jane said...

oh this is sooo cute .. i love the little scene and the transparency of the balloons is just fabulous
Lisa xs

Carla S. said...

This is just adorable, Dana! Your coloring is outstanding! I love the little doodled frog and the amazing floor you added! Thanks for joining in on Mo's Challenge this week!

NancyD said...

Oh, Dana, I just realized your BACK. I am so glad you are feeling better and back sharing your wonderful art!!!! Please stay awhile. NancyD

Diane J said...

Such a sweet card and the cute image has been beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends 'Anything Goes' Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again for our next challenge.
Diane x

Trina said...

I love how it all turned out! Esp the dog! Oh, I'm so happy you're back!

Heather Santos said...

Have I told you yet that I'm so glad your back? :D Did you see the new Disney princess Merida from Brave? If not you need to google her. I think you'll see why immediately.... LOVE HER HAIR!!!!!!!

Patti J said...

The doodled frog is my favorite part of the whole card - you are so clever! Gosh, girl, it's so good to see you back in Blogland! Hugs...

Anonymous said...

It's a superior summary that you have written :)

Becky said...

What an awesome card, fabulous coloring.

Tracy said...

WOOT! WOOT! Yep, you're on a roll alright. There's my coloring grand master. :-) Just look at all that amazing shading. I can't quit looking at the dog. You've brought him to life! You rock GF. So glad to be able to enjoy your work again. HUGE Hugs!
P.S. Oh yeah, thanks for playing at Mo's this week! :-)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Dana!
Wow what a fabulous card, your coloring is inspiring!

I'm happy you are doing better too!

Hugs, Jan

Susan Flynn said...

Love the way you have coloured those balloons they look so transparent! Thanks for joining us at Delightful this week hugs Susan x

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card.

Adrian said...

Such beautiful coloring!

Vicki said...

Fabulous card and coloring! The balloons look very natural. You did a great job. Thanks for joining our CroipStop Challenge.

Iulia said...

Oh, this is absolutely gorgeous, Dana!Love the way you colored the image, the colors are so bright and happy. Also, love the way you did the balloons; so creative!
Thanks for playing along at Mo's this week!
Hugs, Iulia

Pat said...

Oh Dana...I love this card! Such yummy colors...and your coloring is just gorgeous! So glad you've joined us for this week's challenge at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

~Michelle~ said...

Yay Dana! How fun to see a creation from you! I've missed seeing your rockin' coloring! This is adorable...those pants and pup are perfection! Nice floor too! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us on the CropStop Challenge! :)

Anniebee said...

Sheesh! Looks like I need to visit more often now! What an adorable card! All that time away from your art surely didn't do anything to hurt your mojo! All the stuff you have been cranking out since your return have been phonomenal! So glad to have you back!


Sharon said...

A beautiful card Dana. Fantastic colouring, living the folds in the jeans and the transparency of the balloons is amazing!