Sunday, June 3, 2012

Butterflies and a Mermaid

Will I ever make another card? I am sure I will but in the meantime it seems that mixed media is taking over. This journey began about a year ago when my friend (and very talented artist!) Anne Fenton told me anyone can draw and after much encouragement I decided to try. Through searching for tutorial youtube videos I found the mixed media artist Willowing (Tamara LaPorte) and the rest is history. 
These are two pages I worked on over the weekend and is my back ever paying the price! I think I tried to catch up on 6 months of lost play time in one weekend. But I had a blast! 

The butterflies on this page are from Bo' Bunny papers and Martha Stewart Punch. I used acrylics, watercolors, stamping and collage.
This page is collage, india inks, acrylics, prismacolor pencils, chalks and alcohol drops. I didn't plan on an underwater scene but after all of the colors merged and the drips formed it just screamed for one. 
One other long missed activity has returned also..... coffee!! So now I am off to enjoy a nice cup on the back porch and listen to the birds. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!



Lisa Jane said...

oh wow they are fabulous .. i just love the mermaid one ..
Hope your back feels better soon
Lisa x

Zulma said...

WOW! this is gorjuss, you got the talent girl. Keep drawing, mix media is so cool and free spirit to do all that you can. TFS, Zulma

faithnme said...

wow. these are Gorgeous Dana.

Ann said...

Love these Dana ~ especially the smooth complexion of the first and the wonderful colors of the second. I'm so happy to see you in blogland; missed you! :) Ann

Carla S. said...

These are both absolutely gorgeous, Dana! You are so talented! I love the vibrant colors!

jimlynn said...


Dorcas said...

Oh Dana, GF! You're back!!! Yay!! OMGoodness have we missed you. I was beginning to wonder if you were above ground or below, I suppose you were wondering at times too! So glad you're feeling a bit better now, Sweetie and getting back into your crafting therapy. I love your creations you haven't lost any of your skills being MIA have you? Really beautiful work!

Sue said...

Dana, this is absolutely gorgeous. Glad you are back

Anniebee said...

More lovely artwork! I guess painting and coloring is like riding a bicycle, huh? You certainly didn't forget how to do either one! xx