Thursday, June 21, 2012

A card!

Yep, an actual card ; ) I had every intention of coloring three images today. I had them all printed out and started on the skin of all three. This image was the last one to get her skin inked and then I started on the pleats. Well, that was all she wrote! The other two are sitting here with cute skin and no clothes.
The image is from Crafts and Me called Lady of Opal by the artist Sara Burrier. I didn't write down any of my colors. All I can tell you is her dress is V91 thru V99. But then I add the blue to her "transparent" wings and it looked disjointed. So I added in some blues to her dress, I think it was B00 or B02. 
Here's a close up:
The word "Dream" I created using an alphabet stencil. The swirly stamp is from Unity. 
Now I am off to enter in my first challenge since last October!!
Thanks for looking : )

Challenges:
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Three of anything ( I used pearls)
Try It On Tuesday - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes 

Hugs~
Photobucket

14 comments:

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely stunning, Dana! I lovee the image and the colors you used! Outstanding coloring and beautiful card design!

jimlynn said...

Oh Dana....this is just so wonderful! Love the look of those wings and she's a beautiful image. Colored to perfection, as always!
Lynn

Shari said...

Absolutley gorgeous Dana!!

Patti J said...

I have so missed your beautiful coloring! Great card, Dana - happy that you are back! Hugs...

Trina said...

Gorgeous! Hard to believe you were on break so long!

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is fabulous -gorgeous colours
Lisa x

Tracy said...

Woohoo! She's BACK! :-) I just ADORE the Sara Burrier images. Think I'll have to add a few more to my collection. This is so very very beautiful Dana. you sure haven't lost your coloring skills. :-) Did you color the background with Copics? Love it! Hugs!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Lovely image coloured to perfection!

Saw your link on MIM. I'm #76 and #215 this week. I'd love it if you stopped by.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Pat K said...

Gorgeous image, so beautifully coloured. Saw you on MIM. Pat K.x

Tonya said...

WOW, Dana this is stunning! Your coloring amazes me. She is gorgeous!

Karen said...

Truly, truly stunning.. so nice to see you here in blogland with your stunning works of art again hun.
Thank for joining us this week and good luck!
Don't forget to check back next week to see if you made my Pick Of The Week!

Smiles -  Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.

My name is Cindy said...

Well I am really glad you found time to enter our challenge at TioT as this is a splendid card! (I am smiling at those other fairies with cute skin but no clothes LOL) Best wishes, Cindy

Angela Weimer said...

Such a stunning card and fantastic image. I love your coloring it just makes it come alive. Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays "Anything goes" Challenge and have a great day. Angela

Anniebee said...

Beautiful! Love this image and your coloring is excellent as always!

Annie xx