Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Finally played with my Copics again and a Freebie

I am exhausted, but the good kind of exhausted. The kind of exhausted that has my shoulders hurting and still picking glue out from under my fingernails. I am sure you can relate.  I have not touched a copic since last October.  It took me a few minutes for the ol' skills to kick back in but oh what fun when the right brain kicked in!! When that happens I can lose huge chunks of time just lost in the process.  It is so relaxing to just tune out all the wifey, mom and grandma stuff and only concentrate on the next brush stroke. 
So on to what occupied my copic craze today. Quite awhile ago I had drawn this princess.  I am going to make her available on my freebie page. When I first started with copics I wanted a stamp NOW that I could practice hair, skin and pleats on. 
This is not a card but a 9x12 page. I printed my digi on cardstock ( I use Neenah) and then colored and cut her out to add to the background using gel medium. I am trying to incorporate my copics into some mixed media fun.  


I didn't write down my colors of the copics I used but her dress was BG's.  You can see my colors choices for hair and skin here. On the background I used acrylic paints, Pitt Pens by Faber Castell, tissue paper (with the polka dots), micro beads, stamping with white acrylic paint and white gel pen. I made the flower by cutting multiple circles of tulle and heating the edges with my heat tool. It's secured in the center with staples and a pearl glued on top.
Now as promised here is the freebie:

If you ink her up I would love to see!! Shoot, it's time to return to mommy land.. lol!

Hugs~
Photobucket

13 comments:

Carla S. said...

Wow, Dana! This is amazing! Your drawing is phenomeal and so is your coloring! You haven't skipped a beat with your inspired artwork! Thanks so much for sharing the freebie! It's gorgeous!

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, Dana - you're back! I'm not sure how I've missed your last few posts, but I sure did. I'm so very glad to see you here, and girl, your pages are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing, and you take care of yourself! Let me know when you are up to company, and I'll come see you! Hugs...

Marilyn said...

hmmm... I can see you haven't forgotten a single thing. You're back and you're swinging along just fine! Fabulous colouring and I'm so glad to see you back at it!

Ardilla said...

WOW, this is a gourgeous princess!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Tracy said...

Wowzers GF! These journal pages are amazing and just look at the beautiful coloring on those clothing folds. I still haven't learned how to do that right. :-( I blend everything out to much til its all one color. LOL So by what you said I take it you cannot apply much of anything "over' the Copic coloring? The texture and patterns you've created on this piece and the journal pages in the post before look so cool. Thanks for sharing your fun with us Dana girl! Hugs!

Trina said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I'm like Tracy - those pleats and I are still trying to get along...

Anonymous said...

I just came from your freebie page to say thank you for all of the wonderful freebies only to find this INCREDIBLE CELEBRATION OF COLOR in the images on this page. What a talented artist you are!!!! I've never visited your blog before. I'm so glad I have!

Dana, I"m sure you've found that illness can be a looooong journey of the soul as well as the body. This will show in your new work and what wonderful work it is.
Wishing you God's continued healing and joy in renewed health and strength. Enjay xo

Zulma said...

Wonderful creation Dana! lovely colors and the image is so cute, thanks for the freebie. As I told you before this is your thing girl, your colouring is perfect and the way you explain and share hints and links, you ROCK! I'm going to try and let you know.
Hugs, Zulma

Heather Santos said...

Oh, this is so awesome! Thanks for the freebie... your piece above is gorgeous! So glad you're back!

Kris said...

I too am new to your site, thankyou for sharing your talents so generously. Your work is absolutely beautiful.

grandmalee said...

I also just found your blog through Free Digital Stamps. I adore your work and look forward to seeing more. You definately have the copics mastered, and I love how you used the picture on a mixed media background. This is something that I need to do more often to help use up some of those the stuff I just had to try, but they're still sitting in the drawers. Your princess is stunning as well as your other freebies I downloaded on the other page. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome talent with us! Many blessing to you while you are recovering. I've taken a long absence from blogging myself due to health issues, but hope to start doing some things again soon.

Anniebee said...

Hi, Dana!!! I had heard from a little bird that you were back so I had to come see for myself! I'm so happy to see that you're creating again. I have truly missed you! This princess is gorgeous but that doesn't surprise me in the least as everything you do is beautiful. I'll be checking back soon so take care of yourself and keep gettin' crafty!

Hugs,
Anne

Sherry Kushibab said...

Hugs and welcome back...don't think you have lost your touch. Hope you are doing better, hope using your creative juices helps in the healing process.