Saturday, June 16, 2012


I bought a new journal today so I had to christen it. It's much larger than my other one and I really like not having the spiral binding in the middle. The paper is pretty lightweight but since I almost always add collage papers I thought it would do ok and it did, mostly. You can see some curling at the bottom but in all honesty it probably isn't 100% dry. 
I didn't take any close ups. I am lucky I got this one taken.. lol! The quote is from Aristotle and says "In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous".  I doubt that anyone who has marveled at the iridescence of a butterfly wing could argue. 
Well, this was play for the day. I hope whatever you are doing you've enjoyed yourself!



Tonya said...

Hi, Dana! Your new journal is gorgeous! I love the quote you used. Thanks for sharing. Your work is always so inspiring.

Marilyn said...

Wow Dana,this is some fabulous colouring you've done here.

Zulma said...

Gorjuss! LOL! sweet colors, pretty girl and clever quote.TFS, hugs, Zulma

Anonymous said...

Dana, your work is extraordinary; a true feast for the eyes! Your use of color and the way you can manipulate it is truly amazing. Each piece speaks volumes, taking the imagination of the observer on a journey. Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us out here in blogland.
With kind regards, Enjay xo

Tracy said...

So very beautiful. :-) Those butterflies just shine on that page. No wonder she's smiling. Hugs!

Dots Dabbles said...

Hi Dana, such a gorgeous journalling page. There is always something so magical about butterflies I think.
Dot x

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

So how you've colored her skin!!