Monday, July 9, 2012

A Girl and her Kitty

Hi guys! I have another one of my digi's from Whimsy Stamps to share with you today. This one is just called "Kitten". Geesh, I am so original! (hangs head in shame.. lol)   
I have been struggling for a name for this line of girls but nothing screams at me. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear your comments.  
Well, nameless as she is, here's the card:
 I was not happy with the placement of those alphabet stickers but wow!! Those things were really sticky. Right after laying them down I tried to reposition them and it started to tear the paper. One thing about getting involved in mixed media is I've learned to accept happy accidents and just go with the flow. That took quite some doing because I tend to be a perfectionist. You know, the whole straight lines and perfect edges thing? lol!! I can do angles and mix it up but still want some sort of order ; )


I tried to make the kitty white, but I don't know.. looks more gray here!  
Again, no copic swatches, sorry! But from memory this is what I used:
Skin: E21, E00, E000, R20 and R30 (my go to's)
Hair: YR24 for the deepest shades. I never stick with one formula for blondes.  This one looks like it was YR21 and YR30.
The shorts and shirts I matched to my papers. Shirt I think was R32, R35 and R37.
Shorts: BG78, BG75 and BG72. I was amazed that these were the colors that most closely matched the papers. That stripe looks so blue, I thought I'd be using the denim colors!
Kitty was basically just shaded with BV20 and BV23 then blended out with colorless blender.
I know some of my clothes are very simplistic but there is a reason for my madness : ) In art journal layouts I am usually paper piecing the shirts and giving them cute little collars with a doily. 
Thanks for looking, and again, if you have any suggestions for a name for these girls please leave a comment.

Challenges:
Stampalot Challenge - What's your crafty passion? (Copics!)
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything goes
The Poodles Parlour - Cute and Cuddly
Shellys Images - What the text?

Hugs~
Photobucket

9 comments:

Patti J said...

Have I told you lately how much I missed you while you were away? lol...What a great image, Dana, and your card is beautiful! Your coloring is, as always, perfect! Thanks for sharing :) Hugs...

NickelNook said...

It's a FABULOUS card, Dana! I just love your image! For some reason it just shouts "Amber & Jax" to me! I don't know why because I don't know an Amber or a Jax! lol I really like the placement of the stickers too!...Nancy :o)

brenda said...

A beautifully bright and cheerful card Dana.

Thanks for sharing your 'Crafty Passion' with us at Stampalot this month.

B x

jimlynn said...

I actually like the placement on the stickers! Love the image and your white/gray kitten too! LOL! Very cute card.
Lynn

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Dana and I love that lettering. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot.
Pinky

Tracy said...

How about the M & M girls for Mixed Media? LOL You're preaching to the choir here about OCD perfectionism sister. :-) I think she's wonderful--and perfect! Hugs!

Francesca said...

Beautiful card , Lovely colours

Thanks for joining us for our Crafty passion challenge over at
Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Awesome coloring! Thanks so much for joining our "WHAT THE TEXT" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Ruth said...

This is such a pretty card. Thanks so much for joining the Sir Stampalot challenge this month, Ruth :)