Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Little Ballerina

I hope everyone in the States is having a very happy 4th of July!  It's nice to have hubby home for a day smack in the middle of the week. Josh (our 3 yr. old grandson) is my husbands shadow and it is always a joy to watch the two of them together. But, since everyone in the house has that horrible sore throat/cold virus that has been going around it may be a day of naps and soup!
My card is no way summer or 4th of July related. But I am sure you may have had your fill of those by now : ) Here's my little Ballerina created for Whimsy Stamps:
You may recognize her from my mixed media video. That link will take you to part 1 but she doesn't really show up until part 2 .   
If you can bare the photo montage here's what she looked throughout the coloring process:

I only use the white gel pen to put the glints back in her eyes.

Amazing what you don't notice until the pic's are all edited and uploaded! Those first two colors are R35 and R37.
Final close up completed on background :
And here's a close up of that adorable sentiment from Raindrop Echo for Whimsy Stamps

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
Challenges she's dancing into:
Creaticlicious Challenges - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Swirls and Pearls
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers - Make Your Own Flowers



Frea said...

Hi Dana, love your card! That rosy red looks gorgeous and I really love the way you show the Copics you used! HUgs, Frea

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card. Love that cute image.

Tracy said...

oh wow your color choices are spot on girl. She's just precious. I'm so excited about your new adventure! :-) Hugs!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a lovely card and just perfect for the challenge at the Creative Card Crew! Love all of the details. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

Becky said...

This is fabulously gorgeous Dana, awesome coloring.

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love how you colored her hair and pleats.

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Sweetie,
It's such a JOY to see you back in your creative world. I so admire you wonderful talent and always have LOVED how you color....I could sit for hours and watch your videos...your voice is so calming and they are so awesome and inspirational for me!!

I hope you'll continue to be feeling well and keep sharing your amazing art with us all! I know you were missed by many, especially me!!


Payne Holler Cards said...

Hi there, she is just adorable!
Glad you are back and with a bang! Congrats on new artist at Whimsy (-:

NickelNook said...

Dana...thanks so much for popping in for a visit! It was so wonderful to hear from you! :o)
Dana's Digi's??? WHAT??? WOOHOO!!! I am SO EXCITED for you!! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you! I took a quick peek and each one of your digis are absolutely adorable!
I'm so happy you're back in business...and in business too! All the best to you!...Nancy :o)

Tinkerella said...

Hey there,

thanks so much for joining the Creative Card Crew on this week's Challenge!

Make sure to check back to see who'll be drawn as Top Three and who'll be our Winner.

Hugs and good luck, Elisa (DT)

fionalawlor said...

Fab card! I love all of the gorgeous papers that you have used :) Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our "Create Your Own Flowers" challenge.
Fiona x