Saturday, July 7, 2012

Copic Mini Journal

Hi guys!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. We are still struggling with the severe heat but are finally getting some much needed rain tonight.  I am sharing a video of a copic journal I created last year. Learn from my mistakes.. lol! I created it and it sat on the corner of my desk collecting piles of papers on top of it. I did very little with it except for filling in the color chart. I never filled in all of my favorite copic blends and now I am having to find them all over again! So now I am determined to keep up with it and enter quick swatches if not examples of all the unique blends  that work well for me. 
I downloaded the pages to create my journal from Copic Munkies, which is back up and running! They have added new pages and changed a few things since I downloaded mine last year.
Here's the pictorial for those of you not wanting to listen to me blather on.. lol! But it is my shortest video yet... only 12 minutes : )
 Front and back were cut from Cereal box and a Ritz cracker box then covered with design papers. I don't own the Grand Nestabilities so I created my own template and used an XActo knife.
 I don't think you can see from this pick but I put a "R" next to the ones I own refills for.
 Cut from 36 gauge Copper Tooling Foil I picked up at my local craft store. It was thin enough to still emboss and cut with my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.
 One of my favorite funkier hair blends!! Love the pale blonde with pink tips. I used my new stamp called Hoody. I printed both stamps out in Word making them 6" high and that way I had a nice big head to color and just cut off her head. Silly I know but something about cutting off the heads of children wasn't that easy to do ; )
And this one is Just Beachy. I wish her hat was slightly lighter but I am ok with this blend : )
Here's the video:

Geesh, it is taking youtube forever to get a thumbnail!!
Thanks for looking



Linda w said...

Hi Dana, glad you well enough to do some crafting again. I enjoyed the video, inspired me to at least do something better with my promarker combo's than write them on odd scraps of paper lol. I didn't know before that you had digi's, I can see your badge now at the side as I write this, I'm off to look at your cuties. Hugs lin

Zulma said...

Very nice! love the idea and the best part you keep recycling. Thanks for the tutorial and links, hugs, Zulma

Tracy said...

I had made a couple of these journals, one for me and one for my friend.
I also coloured in the chart, but thats about it ;)
It was great to have with me during trips so I didn't buy double colours though.
Your journal turned out great :)

Tracy said...

Guess we don't have to worry about you turning into a medievel executioner huh. LOL I love your idea and it's one I need to steal. I use my color chart all the time and I have your hair and skin coloring charts on my computer for quick access. A journal would be quicker and easier. :-)

Mommamea's favorite things said...

What a great idea. And I love your saying in the top right. That is what I believe. If we are created in the image of the greatest creator then it has to be there in some area in your life. Found you through the outlawz and I'm following your awesome blog

Tabbatha Sandoval said...

What a clever idea. I'm loving the journal itself, but then how useful is all that?!? Wow. :D