Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Very First Paper Bag Mini Album!

Hello all of you precious people!!  I hope you are having a great start to your weekend ; ) We have company coming so I am trying to get this posted beforehand. 
I finally had a chance to create a paper bag mini album. Yay!!

 It's something I've always wanted to do but never had time. What's the saying... So many ideas, so little time?  I've always admired two of my bloggy friends in particular both named Tracy.  Here's links to both of their blogs so you can check out their inspiring work:
Both ladies have amazing youtube channels so be sure to check those out also. 
Ok, back to the deet's on my album. I followed a tutorial by Kathy Orta in which she makes a modified paper bag mini album. You end up with all kinds of space for photo mats and pockets for hidden "stuff" like tags, etc. I didn't take any pics of the inside but I did film it. It should be up in oh, say 547 minutes according to youtube.. lol! You can check my channel later today to see it or I will add a link later. 
But in the meantime here's some close ups:
The whole theme of the papers I used from Graphic 45 Le Romantique is vintage weddings. It really made me nostalgic about my own grandparents and one paper in particular instantly reminded me of their wedding photo. So this is Gramma and Pop in a locket.

 I created both butterflies by stamping, coloring with Prismacolor pencils and then adding a couple of coats of UTEE. I love the way they turned out!! 

That little photo holder I had received from Wendy as part of her blog candy last year or the year before. Included in that candy was also some notecards I made into a couple of little fold out photo mats. They show up in the video but not here, sorry! 

My flower was made from several layers of gauze I just rough cut into a cirlce. Then I stitched in the center creating little gathers to give it some form.  Then I colored it with my Copic ABS (Airbrush System) using a pink color that was way too bright so I added YR18. It came out pretty orange but it was one of my Gramma's fav colors. In real life it sort's of melon colored. 
I am sure you are thinking what is this thing.. lol! It is actually a wire wrapped cabachon I found when searching for items to add to this project. I am determined to use and repurpose this year. I made this back in my jewelry making days. Eventually I evolved to using solder and got into silversmithing but when I made this I was only wirewrapping. It found it's way onto the cover because my Gramma was a huge rock lover. All of us are. This piece reminds me so much of her because she adored her agates. I think they reminded her of growing up in the mountains of Montana. 
Wow!! Super long post and this is only the front page.. lol! I hope you get a chance to pop over to the vid once it's up to see all the pages inside. 

You can view the video flip through here.

Have a great weekend everybody and thanks so much for coming by for a look.

Challenges:
Hotshot Craft Blog - Distress Inks
Inspire Me Fridays - Always Anything Goes
Totally Paper Crafts - Lots of layers

Hugs~
Photobucket

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow Dana, this is absolutely stunning! So many details, just gorgeous x

Carla S. said...

What a stunning creation, Dana! Each and every detail is amazing! It's truly a heartfelt work of art! Thanks for sharing it!

Tabbatha Sandoval said...

This is utterly amazing Dana! Every little thing placed feels like it tells a story. I can't wait to see more!
//Tabbatha

Tracy said...

Only 547 minute huh? LOL Can't wait til it finishes so I go check the whole thing out. Thanks for the shout out and link GF. :-) The cover looks amazing and i love how every little piece has a special meaning for you. Good grief! Is there any kind of crafting that you haven't mastered! LOL Hugs!

Trina said...

I cannot wait to see the rest because the cover is stunning!! I'll be popping onto YT all day if need be so I can see the rest! Love all the details about your grandparents you added - and this is just the cover!

Lisa Jane said...

wow this is fabulous .. i love those butterflies
Lisa x

Linda w said...

Faboulous, looking forward to seeing the whole thing on video. Love the wire wrapped stone, we adore semi precious gem stones too, started collecting them when I home-schooled the children. I'm yet to make my paper bag albums, but continually look for inspiration for them lol. Hugs lin

NickelNook said...

It looks fabulous, Dana! I can't wait to see your video!
What a coincidence...I watch and am inspired by both those Tracy's as well! They are incredible talents! Have a great weekend!...Nancy :o)

Wendy said...

WOW This is absolutely stunning...Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

sari said...

Awww...Absolutly beautiful! Love all the sweet,shabby details!! Thank you so much for joining us over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!

Sanna Saksija said...

Wow, that's a wonderful collage! It looks so natural as if all the pieces always belonged together on the places there are in. Thanks for joining It's all about the vintage and beauty!