Monday, July 23, 2012

Teddy

Howdy happy campers! I hope you are had a great weekend! Today is my moms birthday and I'd wish her happy birthday here but I can't even get her to buy a cell phone let alone a computer. She refers to herself as technologically challenged : )
Today I am sharing my the last of my digi's release by Whimsy Stamps this month. Her name is Teddy:
I was shocked I got my Martha Stewart punches correct on the first try! Papers are again from K & Company. It's from one of those huge "best of" 12x12 pads and geesh, I love them all! 
Here's the copic color swatches:
Notice all of those BG's?!!! I could not get them to match my papers even though I used my chart. They were just too bright. Finally I added a layer of BG72 and that toned it down some. The white dots are white gel pen. 
I stamped and ink sprayed the background she is sitting on and I really liked the way it turned out.  Of course... it looks much better in real life, it's very "glimmery".
Here's a shot of the supplies to make my seam binding match my image and papers:

I just color them with the chisel end of my copic. Then I spritz it with water and crumble it into a tight little ball and dry it with my heat tool. I love the shabby chic look you get by doing that! This roll of seam binding was about $7 from Amazon.com and I've been using it forever and it doesn't even seem to have a dent in it yet! 
The sentiment is off of a Winnie the Pooh stamp. I did intend for it to be all catty wompus. A year ago those babies would have been lined up perfectly if I had to use a ruler to do it.. lol!  
Thanks so much for looking and I cannot wait to share next months images with you!!  Be looking for them on the 1st of August : )

Hugs~
Photobucket

3 comments:

Becky said...

Dana, this is adorable! Love the sentiment and your coloring is fabulous.

jimlynn said...

Dana, the colors you used on this are so pretty! CUTE image and know your mom will love the card.
Lynn

Frea said...

Hi Dana, how are you doing?/ Love your card and I love your stamp! You're so talented! Hugs, Frea