Sunday, July 15, 2012

Who doesn't love a Hoody?

Hi guys!! I have another one of my digi's from Whimsy Stamps to share with you today. This one is simply called Hoody
It's hard to see in this pic but that's a lil' puppy in her pocket. She was inspired by my daughter who is always in a hoody.

To paper piece her I first printed out the image on my Neenah cardstock that I use for my copics. Using that as a guide I took another sheet of white cardstock and lined up where it would print by holding both of them together to a light (poor man's lightbox). You could tape or glue the designer paper down but I prefer to glue. I am always afraid the tape will get hung up in my printer.
The next step was to shade the outfit on the designer paper. 
Now on to coloring her face and the pup on my other printed piece:
Originally I was only going to paper piece the hoody but I like the way the pants looked so much on the dp I changed my mind. I colored the pup with the same colors I used for her hair, YR14, YR21, YR31 and YR24.
Now to cut:
Then just to glue down the neck portion and pop dot the head and voila:
The pup is popped up too but I didn't get a good shot of that but here she is from the side:
I really, REALLY love these papers from K & Company so I opted against any  shapes that would cover them up. 
One more pic, then I promise... I'll quit ; )
The tag and the four corners all have these adorable brads that matched the papers perfectly and I just added a little pearl to each. The ones in the corners really don't show up in the pic but here's a close up of the tag:
Lot's of pics and that makes it seem like it was more complicated than it really was! 
Thanks for looking : )

Challenges:
The Crafty Pad - Paper Piecing
The Ribbon Girl Blog - Color Challenge
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - Anything Goes and a blog hop

Hugs~
Photobucket

15 comments:

Marilyn said...

This is gorgeous Dana and wow... that is a ton of work. It shows though because all the attention to detail adds to it.

Jacilynn said...

WOW, congrats on the new digi's Dana! you are so very talented. this looks great. Hope you are well?
x

Tracy said...

Cool! I haven't tried coloring on DP but it looks great. Something new to play with. LOL She's a cutie Dana. Hugs!

Ann said...

Dana ~ Very pretty. I like the idea of popping up the head, I've never done this with just the head before. Ann :)

Lisa Jane said...

Oh i love the paper piecing .. fab hoody
Lisa x

Carla S. said...

Fantastic card, Dana! Love the papers and your cute image! Great coloring and paper-piecing!

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous, I love the papers and the way you have layered her onto the paper pieced base. Thank you for the clear description of the technique.
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
Pauline
x

Heather Santos said...

This is adorable! I love the new girls so much!

Dawn said...

Truly wonderful! I love those papers too! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

sues craft magic said...

Gorgeous , just gorgeous , thanks for joining us at Penny's challenge this week .. Good luck ..Hope to see you again soon ...Hugs Sue DT xx

Helen said...

Great card and I love the paper piecing - the paper you chose suits the image perfectly.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x

ThePurplePlace said...

I love how you always take the time to share! Your tutorials and videos are always wonderful.

I happen to love paper piecing and think this is a great way of showing exactly how you do it! :)

Aixa M. said...

Hi, Dana! I'm new at The Outlawz and saw your blog listed there so I hopped by and became a follower. Wow, you have some really great cards here! And you coloring is fabulous! See you around!

Mandy said...

Absolutely fab!

David Hudson said...

I found your blog on bing. I think it's pretty good.

hoody manufacturers
hoody suppliers