Sunday, August 26, 2012

Afternoon Playtime

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend = ) I've been playing in my craftroom/studio and having a ball!! Look how I've been whiling away the day:
I printed out some vintage post cards on watercolor paper and painted each one a little differently.  Gardens, butterflies, flowers, birds, birdcages all seem to be a recurring theme for me. The last birdcage on the left is a little wonky so that's on the agenda for a remake but all in all I am really happy with them.

Originally I was going to collage some images onto the post cards but I just hated the thought of not being able to see that old script handwriting. 
Thanks for looking. Now it's back to the drawing board for me = )


1 comment:

Patti J said...

Beautiful, Dana! Thanks for sharing :)