Wednesday, August 15, 2012


Happy Wednesday everyone! We are having a busy week in our household. Joshy is turning three and we are gearing up to celebrate his birthday this weekend but Eeeek, he starts school next week!!! I thought I was ok with it until we went to open house last night and they started talking bus schedule. This Gramma got slightly teared up.  He had a ball at open house though playing with all of the other kids. I have to admit, I was having paper envy at their set up for art ; )

So on to carding shall we? Here's another card made with Watering available at Whimsy Stamps:
 I had a ball creating the background papers for this one! I stenciled white flowers onto Kraft cardstock with white acrylic paints and then ran it through my Fiskers paper crimper. 
The sentiment goes so well with this image and is also available at Whimsy stamps.
Here's the copic color swatches:

And just a few other close up shots:

I added Glossy Accents to the geraniums to make them appear a little more 3D.
Thanks so much for looking and I hope you are having a wonderful week!

Flourishes - Use Kraft
Party Time Tuesdays - Garden Delights
Shopping Our Stash - Try something new (creating stenciled and crimped background paper)
Make it Monday  - Always Anything Goes linky party



Deena said...

this is a cool background the white on kraft combo...and the glossy accents are a nice touch on those flowers...Thanks for joining in the forgotten technique challenge at Shopping our Stash this week!

jimlynn said...

Great background, great coloring, and yes, a great card!!! So pretty!

Lola said...

Her curls are so beautifully colored. Love the vividness of this card! Found you at MIM - great entry!

inki said...

Such beautiful cards, Dana!

Faye's Paper Passion said...

Gorgeous cards and colours Dana. I Spotted this on MIM..Faye

Adrian said...

Cute, great coloring!

Makiko Jones said...

Very pretty and beautiful coloring! I love the background paper and your design. Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

Salma said...

Beautiful card and nice colours, saw you on MIM.

Tracy said...

She's wonderful Dana! I love all the fun "extras" you added like the crimped and painted kraft and the glammed up flowers. :-) Gosh I can't believe Josh is three already. Time flies doesn't it. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

outstanding work

Amanda said...

WOW! Your colors and Copic coloring is so striking! I almost didn't believe it was Copic coloring until I saw your swatches :) A pretty card and I like it :)

Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!!

~ Amanda :)

Carla said...

Gorgeous! I just love your coloring and it's always nice to visit your blog! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!