Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Aaarrgggh Matey

Happy day everyone! I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Perfect day here, but I cannot believe this month has almost gotten away from me. Time to share the next to last of my September release for Whimsy Stamps. 
This one is called Pirate: I know... right? Where do I come up with the insightful names for my stamps.... lmbo!!
I tend not to do scary for Halloween so I thought she was perfect. K, so where shall be venture to next? Copics, of course ;) Here's the swatches albeit slightly out of focus:
Since that pic is so shoddy here's another close up of just the colored image:
Love the torn edges on my papers (Apothecary by Echo Park) and distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Fired Brick.
Here's a close up of the sentiment by Raindrop Echo

These are the same frames I used on my recent tutorial on how to create ribbon slides with Shrinky Dink. If you missed that you can see it here.
I had actually intended to use that ribbon slide on this card but I just couldn't get it to look right. But it did need something on the right, so I added some twine through a button and eyelets ala Jack Sparrow:
That's all from me for today. Now to decide what sort of products to pull out... paints? inks? watercolors? 



Carla S. said...

Fantastic card, Dana! Your image is so fun and you've colored her so perfectly!

jimlynn said...

Perfection and beautiful coloring!

Frea said...

Hi Dana, love your card and brilliant brilliant colouring!! Hugs Frea

Marilyn said...

I like this card a lot! Fabulous colouring skills Dana... second to none, you've got that aced. I also like that button/eyelet doodad you've created, it really does suit the theme.

nwilliams6 said...

How fun is this! Love the image and thte totally fun feel of this card!

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Simple put....Love It!