Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fall Day

Hi everyone!! Are all of my US friends getting lots of rain this weekend? It sure has put a damper on the holiday weekend plans but not complaining! It could've been so much worse. I am praying for all of you that have been in the direct path of Isaac. Hopefully the other storms gathering out in the Atlantic will fizzle out before they reach land fall. 
It somehow feels wrong to be posting about cards when so much devastation has taken place =o(
This is one of the cards I made yesterday with Fall Day from the September release at Whimsy Stamps. She is currently on sale for 20% off.


 The sentiment is available here. It's still warm enough here to go barefoot and I love the imagery this sentiment creates for me. 
I've had this punch from EK Success for awhile and really had to search to find a link to share but I finally found one and you can see it here. I inked the leaves by stamping my Ranger Distress pads in Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick onto some waxed paper. (I don't own a craft mat, gasp..lol) Then giving them a fine mist of water and laying the punched panel into the ink. I did each color separately. Then I used a paint brush dipped into my Peeled Paint distress ink pad to add a few hints of green here and there. Lastly, I distressed the edges with Vintage photo. I just love the watercolor, random look this process achieves. 
Thanks so much for looking and again, I pray you are warm, safe and in a dry place!




Hugs~
Photobucket

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is so pretty Dana! Love all the fall colors and those leaves too.
Hope you're having a good weekend.
Lynn

DɪᴅᴍᴏKɪᴛᴛᴇɴ said...

Love it! Great work. I love the colors, it gives an inspiration.
Thanks for sharing another lovely Post ^.^
XoXo

Sarah said...

This is absolutely stunning Dana, I love everything about your card. I loved working with this image, it's just beautiful, thank you for creating her x