Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gramma's Watches

I've been playing around with some old jewelry and watches. I was taking apart some watches my MIL gave me. I am thinking I can use the parts in some steampunk projects or maybe even make a mold from some to make charms out of fimo clay. Geesh, what did I get myself into? I've got itsy, bitsy gears spread all over my desk! But while in the midst of this I came across all of my Gramma's watches. Of course I couldn't take those apart but I wanted to do something with them so I could wear them. After being inspired by a picture on pinterest (you can see it here) I knew exactly what I wanted to do.
Here's mine:

I cannot wait to show it to my brother. How much you wanna' bet we both cry?
Thanks for looking!




DɪᴅᴍᴏKɪᴛᴛᴇɴ said...

oh, these are so lovely. I love the look of these watches. Hmm, interesting ^.^ Nice sharing

Heather Santos said...

Oh, man! These are awesome and totally worth a good cry. So beautiful! I took a look at your new digis and they are gorgeous... my favorite is Angel. :)

Tracey said...

Beautiful Dana & what a fab idea (I love Pinterest for inspiration) :)

Tracy said...

This has got to be one of the coolest projects I have ever seen! Amazing GF!

Samantha Wright said...

This is amazing!

Za faran said...

Its beautiful! I love your creation and the whole idea behind it!