Monday, October 1, 2012

Daisies

It's October!!! It's always been a favorite month of mine. My daughter and brother both have birthdays this month. Like that isn't reason enough to love this month we also get to watch the trees change colors and I LOVE that!
For my first project for Dana's Digi's October release at Whimsy Stamps I opted for a tag.
 This one is called Daisies:
This digi was inspired by my mom who has passed on her love of daisies and mason jars to me.
 I printed this on watercolor paper, heat set it and then colored with my Distress Inks. With the stamp pad closed I press the lid down into the ink. This makes a little smudge of ink in the lid and I use that for my palette. The only colors I used were Tumbled Glass, Wild Honey and Dusty Concord.
I used Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass and Dusty Concord to create the background for my tag. I just stamp the pad right onto my ceramic tile (which I use instead of a craft mat)  and spritz with water. Then just drag the tag through the ink. I did each color seperately for this one.
Then I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo. 
To dye my seam binding to match I just ran the Dusty Concord ink pad over the seam binding.
Then I misted with water, scrunched it up and heat set it to keep that crinkled look:

All that was left was to glue down the image, find a sentiment and add the fibers, which are a beautiful shade of deep purple but look almost black in the above pic. Here's a close up of that awesome sentiment by James Montgomery:

Thanks so much for looking! 

Challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations Paint - Anything Goes
Scrappers Delights - Distress It

Hugs~
Photobucket

9 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Love the tag background and the image and sentiment are beautiful. Well done as usual!

craftygranny said...

oooh that's lovely i love it. Thanks for joining us at challenges 4 everybody. hugs trisha x

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Dana: It never fails, every time I stop by for a visit, you always seem to inspire me. Thanks so much.

Kimberly S said...

What a gorgeous tag, and the image is so sweet. What a nice memory of the daisies in the mason jar. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge! :)

Ria said...

Gorgeouss tag :) thanks for joining the Scrapper's Delight Challenge.
hugs Ria

Stacie Spencer said...

Hi Dana,
Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on Heather's post. Her artwork is truly amazing, so cool that she just started out too. Wonder what her art will develop into over the next few years!
I too love daisies. I'm going to have to use this quote in one of my art journals. So glad you visited my blog & I found yours!Stacie

Kim Kelley said...

What a pretty tag! Love the colors and everything just fits! Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights this week! HUGS

Kim
SD DT

Pam Sparks said...

love it Dana! beautiful creating!

Penny Odell said...

I am absolutely in love with your blog and everything on it. I can not wait to purchase some of your Digi's!!! What an artist you are..