Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mixed Media Butterfly Tag

Hi guys! I hope you are all off to a wonderful weekend!! We've had beautiful weather the last few days. Chillier than it has been but sunny and very pretty! 
Thursday we had a bunch of running around to do and while out I picked up a few new goodies. My "hauls" anymore usually consist of restocking paints and tape but when Michael's had a 50% of coupon on Martha Stewart stuff, who could resist?? The larger butterfly punch has been on my wish list for a while. So this is what I made:
I first saw this technique done by Lori Craig on SplitcoastStampers.com.  I couldn't wait to try it. I filmed the process and you can watch the video here





I made all of the spray inks I used on this tag with Tulip Fabric Dye, the ones used for tye dying. I LOVE them!! I followed the directions on the package but only used about 1 to 2 teaspoons of the powder dye and about 1/4 cup water for the size misters I use. The only color I wasn't thrilled with was the yellow but I will play around with the mixture. On this tag I used Lime Green, Purple and Turquoise. 
Thanks so much for looking and I hope you swing over and watch the video

Challenges:
Inspire Me Fridays  - Anything Goes
The Stamp Man - Butterflies, birds or bee's
4 Crafty Chicks - Tag, Your it



Hugs~
Photobucket

17 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Beautifully vibrant colors and gorgeous textures in your tag! Love the flowers and texture butterflies, and especially your sentiments pieced together, and the coppery color in the background.

Mrs A. said...

Not left a comment on your blog in a long while. Just watched your video and am in total awe of your gorgeous tag. The time was 17mins but I'm sure this must have taken you ages to do. It really is beatuiful. I sat mesmerised the whole way through.Can't wait to give this technique a try myself and that butterfly die is a must , must have.Blow the budget.!!!!Hugs Mrs A.

Frea said...

Hi Dana, just watched your video because I just loves this tag!! It's brilliant and you've shown everything so clearly even I think I can do it LOL!! I just discovered the Dylusions and love working with them. But I really like those colours you used which aren't so bright. I don't know if I can get the Tulip dyes here in the Netherlands but I will sure give it a try! Hugs Frea

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow gorgeous colours and images ..
Lisa x

Jolanda said...

love the colours on your tag and the butterflies are just fantastic!!

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, nicely done!

Alexa said...

I love your tag - so beautiful!

Cat said...

Hi, love this!! I am now a follower, found you on the outlaws follow me link and here is my blog, hope you will follow me too :-)

http://catscreativecornerwithcricutandmore.blogspot.ca/

Heather Santos said...

This is beautiful, as always! I love the tip about the tulip dye... what a great idea!

Lori said...

Cute tag! Thanks for joining in on our Tag You're It! challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

Karal Schuknecht said...

This tag is awesome, I will be watching you video next, and just had to say wow! And thanks for following my blog.

Tamie said...

simply gorgeous tag! Love those butterflies. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Judy said...

Hey Sweet Pea..it was your smile that caught my eye ;), and I just had to join. Thanks for your kind words. I'm so intimidated by all this incredible talent, it's hard to be brave enough to post.

I love thes butterflies, and will for sure check out your video. Dunno if I'm ready to try something like this just yet, but would sure be fun to watch.

xo
Judy

Anonymous said...

Hey there would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're using? I've loaded your
blog in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a reasonable price?
Kudos, I appreciate it!
Also visit my page - Prescription Swimming Goggles

Anonymous said...

I have to say, while looking through hundreds of blogs daily, the theme of this blog is different (for all the proper reasons). If you do not mind me asking, what's the name of this theme or would it be a especially designed affair? It's significantly better compared to the themes I use for some of my blogs.

Dana said...

Thanks for all of the lovely comments! In response to the two specifically about my blog layout itself, I've created all of the graphics such as my header and labels like "archive" etc myself. I use a very basic 2 column blogger template with a white background. All of my graphics were uploaded to picassa and I think that helps in the loading of the page. Hope this info helps. If you have any further questions you can email me but I can't respond directly if you post as "anonymous" and have your settings set to "no reply". Thanks again =)

Josi Bunder said...

Best web hosting companies. Reviews, rates, statistics of top hosting companies.
Find best hosting company at HostingCompaniesz.com