Sunday, November 18, 2012

Butterfly Canvas

Hi guys! After playing with the canvas I did Friday I knew I had to create another one, except this time I wanted to make it a little more my style. 
For me that means a painted face, butterflies and flowers. This has that in spades, lol! 
I started again with a recycled box:
Since I was low on matte medium I opted for good ol' Mod Podge. The papers I used for this part are DCWV Latte stack. They are very thick and canvas textured. After that dried it got a coat of gesso, some lace, gauze and antique music papers. 
The metal down the right hand side is one of those old stretchy metal watch bands. 
My very first step before any of this was to sketch and paint her face. I painted her on 140 lb. cold pressed watercolor paper:
She was painted with acrylics, watercolors and prismacolor pencils.
The banners were a lot of fun to make and I decorated some mini clothes pins to "hang" them from the line:
And here's just a few more close ups of other various places:

I am playing along in Artist in Bloglands Show and Tell Saturday


Za faran said...

It is so rich in materials and texture! The girl looks lovely! Denthe, it is simply awesome!

Za faran said...

Oops, I meant, Dana! Please forgive I meant to write your name!

Linda said...

this is breathtaking-I love your gorgeous painted girl-wow!! Thanks for sharing at Artists in Blogland!

DɪᴅᴍᴏKɪᴛᴛᴇɴ said...

Wonderful Work!

Leovi said...

Really impressive works of art, a true wonder. Exquisite butterfly.

Judy said...

Goodness..just looking at this - all that detail! It's stunning!


Teen Queen said...

Dana! this is so beautiful. What detail and texture. Great work.

Anniebee said...

Yes, this is more your style and it is even more beautiful than the first one, though it was lovely in a different way too. As you know, I'm all about color so this one would be closer to what I would do myself, I think. I just love it! I hope your year is off with a bang!

Hugs, Anne