Friday, November 2, 2012

NaNoJouMo Day 1

Hi guys!! I promise not to bombard you with postings everyday from my journal but I did want to share just a bit. I am playing along in the NaNoJouMo  challenge that started yesterday. There is a journal prompt each day for the entire month of November and the theme is classic rock songs.
Day 1 (which was yesterday) was Eagles "Take it Easy".

I googled the lyrics and this line just jumped out at me:
"Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy". I knew just want I wanted to do.

I think this is the first time I spent more time on other elements than the face! It took me twice as long to do all of those gears. What I wouldn't have done for a die cut.. lol!
There is a Flikr group so I hope you will play along! I would love to see what you create =0)


Hugs~
Photobucket

3 comments:

Frea said...

Hi Dana, what a brilliant tect, and I love her 'hair'. I just ordered myself one of those Dyan Weasely (is that her name?) because I sooo love the Dylusions and this way of creating art and at the same time expressing your feelings! It's like making visual poetry to me! Love your poem :-) Hugs Frea

Tracy said...

Her face is amazing Dana! So beautiful and I love your play on the song words. The gears and cogs work so well with the lyrics. Hugs!

Kim Kelley said...

This is stunning. Her face looks fabulous...but the whole thing together is perfection! HUGS