Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Winter Chickadee

I am hoping you are off to a wonderful 2013. We've just had our first real snow of the year so I can literally look out my window and see this scene:
This is one of my January releases for Whimsy Stamps called Chickadee.  Depending on how you chose to color him I guess it could also be a finch, bluebird, etc. 
To do the background I used my copic airbrush system with B32. First I applied masking fluid to my image. If you were ever to try this make sure your paper is completely dry before applying the masking fluid or it will rip your paper when you try to remove it. Here's what it looked like with just the sky:
And a few close ups of the completed card:
I'm sorry I don't have the copic swatches for this card. 
The berries are white flat backed pearls that I colored with copic R37.

As always, thanks so much for swinging by! If you get the chance check out my other two stamps released this month (both are florals!! yay!). I should be back sometime soon with example cards of those.




Hugs~
Photobucket

12 comments:

Trina said...

Happy new year, Dana! I was thinking about you this morning; I was watching a drawing class video... This looks lovely! I love how you colored those berries!

Sarah said...

I absolutely love this image Dana, he's so gorgeous. You've made him into a stunning card xxx

Harriet Hensley said...

wonderful card and have to have all your new stamps..... thanks

Carla S. said...

Your image and card are both gorgeous, Dana! Fantastic coloring! Happy New Year!

Tonya said...

This is gorgeous. I love the image.

Danni said...

So pretty!

NickelNook said...

It's absolutely GORGEOUS, Dana!...Nancy :o)

Carla said...

oohhh he is gorgeous! I love that sweet bird. I think I need to go shopping! ANd your card is just gorgeous too.

Becky said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Dana.
Have a wonderful New Year. :)

Judy said...

This is fabulous girl!! Those berries just pop off the paper. Gorgeous creation. With that said, I have a tutorial request. I don't have, nor can I afford the airbrush system. Could you do a masking tutorial, using a different media for the background, hoping to get the same or close to the same effect?

xo
Judy

Anniebee said...

Beautiful design and fabulous card! I am catching up on everything you've posted since my last visit. I can see that I need to gather all my pennies and go shopping for some of your newest digis!

If you get a chance, I have posted those Copics portraits I told you about some time ago to my blog. Would love to know what you think of them (honest opinion, of course!)

Hugs, Anne

MaryH said...

Hi, love this chickadee. I'm with you on the airbrush stuff, but I'm with Judy, when you have time, could you do a brief tutorial on how you used the masking fluid on the bird? This is just a lovely work, and since I see lots of chickadees, I can surely appreciate how you shaded & colored this one. It's beautiful. TFS