Saturday, January 26, 2013

Aspen Mixed Media Canvas

Wow!! I hadn't realized it has been so long since I've done a post! I've been creating to my hearts content but most of what I've been making can't be shared until recipients receive them. Can't spoil the surprise now, can I? 
This I can share though. My DIL asked if I could make her a canvas with a tree on it. Since I've spent the last few years working on faces I have to admit the thought of a tree scared me. I was able to pull it off with the help of the Crafters Workshop Aspen stencil (or mask... I always get that confused) and lots and lots of layers.


The canvas is 11x14". I wish I would've taken pics during the process but once I get going I just forget. 
That's all I have to share for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs~
Photobucket

11 comments:

Julia Smith said...

Dana, your canvas is gorgeous I'm sure your DIL is going to love it, loving the colours you used too x

Myrta_R_Harris said...

Dana this is stunning! I absolutely love the layers and colors you've used. I'm sure your DIL will love this piece.

happyDiane said...

STUNNING! love all of the layers and how you just want to stare at it getting lost in the forest. Thank you so much for sharing your work.

Annette McCarty said...

Everything you do is breathtaking! I love it so much.

sunset cabin said...

another treasure from dana's desk. You are inspiring

Teen Queen said...

This is great my friend. Lovely colors too.

Harriet Hensley said...

Your canvas is beautiful.....I love the color and texture....

Judy said...

Wow..this would scare me too, but you've done a fabulous job. It's gorgeous!!

xo
Judy

Vickie Porter said...

This is absolutely amazingly beautiful!

MaryH said...

This is just marvelous. I have one of the smaller 'masks' with these trees, and have some stamps that have this theme. What you did is wonderful, and so inspiring. You are truly an artist! TFS

Tina Beaumont said...

I just love this. It would be great if you could do a tutorial/YouTube video showing how to do this. Hint hint