Thursday, February 28, 2013

Journal Page Swap and Canvas

Hi all! Back in January I was working on 19 journal pages for a swap with a group of friends. I'm pretty sure everyone has received theirs now so I can share with you. Hub's took the pic  of these sort of impromptu when I was showing them to him so forgive the messy background and date stamp.. lol
I chose to create them all similar with faces to practice for a canvas that another friend had requested. I really adore mixed media backgrounds. It really is one of my favorite processes other than painting faces. That's why none of these girls really have hair painted in, just illusions of highlights in the front. I love for the background to show through. So here is a few pics of the completed canvas. 
It is 16"x20" (my largest canvas to date!!). It was created with inktense pencils, acrylic paints, prismacolor pencils, copics, spray inks, oh my ... the list could go on and on!! Here's a few close ups:
and a glimpse of some of the layers in the background:

I don't count my layers, all I can say is that there is a LOT of them.  I was so happy the recipient liked it and I have these pics to remember my first large canvas by. 
Thanks so much for looking!!

Hugs~
Photobucket

10 comments:

Heather Santos said...

Wow! All of those faces are awesome! And your canvas is just breathtaking! Really beautiful work! I'd love to see some of the journal pages you received too. :)

Frea said...

Oh my goodness Dana, I think you are such a brilliant artist! Love all these faces and your canvas turned out stunning!Hugs Frea

happyDiane said...

myohmy So happy that Guy took that photo! Beautiful work!!

Harriet Hensley said...

OMGosh what a picture of gorgeous creations .....

Anne Fenton said...

Dana my dear friend, you are amazing...I am so glad that you have carried your art to this level! I love your mixed media journals...I am jealous, I can't seem to master the mixed media journal yet, something I am so looking forward to doing. huggz Anne

Trina said...

Gorgeous!!! I can't even tell you how much of that hour plus Google Hangout I watched on YT when you were painting; I couldn't make myself stop watching it even though I was supposed to be sleeping!

Becky said...

wow, this is just stunning!

Dana said...

AMAZING...simply AMAZING work Dana.

Naomi Edwards said...

Dana I had just looked at a lot of your projects and I find your creations breathtaking!! I love that you work with all sorts of mediums, I love your style and hope to learn so much of you! I am coming from Outlawz and am now your newest follower and so glad I am !!!!

Marilyn said...

This is gorgeous Dana and I like it a lot!