Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Copic Fairy and Video

I finally have gotten around to coloring up my April release for Whimsy Stamps.  Her name is Wishes.  
 I am all over the board with my art supplies and tend to jump from one to another so it was a blast to pull out my copics and just color. It is so relaxing for me and reminds so much of coloring in my coloring book as a kid (but without my lil' brother sitting next to me breaking them in half and ripping the papers off of them!! ~oh the horror!!~)
I filmed the process and have shared a lot of techniques in this one. Hair, skin, translucent clothing and some colorless blender / rubbing alcohol techniques. Here's a few close ups of those techniques:

The shimmer in her dress was achieved by using my version of twinkling H20's (stay tuned for future tut) after coloring. Same with her hair. The wings got a coat of Winsor and Newton Iridescent Medium

I hope you enjoy it!

Edit added 6/17/13**
Copic colors for dress
Sorry I don't have color swatches at the moment for rest but they are all shown in the video. 
Thanks for watching =0)



Diane Ridpath said...

Love your Copic Fairy. :)

Deborah said...

You're so interesting to watch and listening to your thoughts and explanations is such a big help. Thank you so very much for sharing your art! You really are amazing.

Judy said...

Hey Dana,

This was super fun to watch, and I totally enjoyed hearing you laugh at yourself...makes me feel a little bit more normal. Thanks for sharing your talents. Gorgeous stamp, and beautifully colored.


Fleur Dust said...

Hi Dana!! I cannot wait to try this out with my colored pencils! I learn so much from your youtube videos!!


jerseytjej said...

Hi Dana! Thanks for leaving your link on my blog. LOVE your coloring and think I need to add some copics to my MUST have list!

more paperplease said...

Can you provide the Copic numbers used for the fairy and the dress for ouellette ( steam punk girl). Thanks for sharing and making us all better crafters:)