Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Stargazer Lily

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! We did. We've been having beautiful spring weather. So much so that I'm starting to look forward to seeing flowers start to bloom. I had a play in  a new journal I created Saturday evening while watching a movie with hubs. 
Nothing special about the journal. I just used some smooth white cardstock cut in half so my pages are 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. I also included some watercolor pages cut to the same size in the back section. I had run out of spirals to use with my binder so I opted for just using three rings and I REALLY like it. You can see from the pic above how easy it is to fold back and I love that for when I am sketching, etc.
I swing from wanting to sketch, to playing with copics, then my prismas, wait.... back to mixed media and collage. You get the picture, right?? So this was a play with drawing and watercolors:
And just a few close ups:


The white in the background was achieved with splattering Friskit before beginning to paint at all. The splatters on the petals was chinese white watercolor. 
This was done entirely with the Koi travel set.  I'm working on one now of some dogwood branches. It's at that ugly stage... lol! But the more I practice the more confidence I will gain to do larger paintings. That's my hope at least. 
Thanks for swinging by!


Hugs~
Photobucket

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

Dana, it's simply stunning!! So realistic and beautiful.
Lynn

Mrs A. said...

Your Lily is beautifully painted. That is such a good idea to use the ring binders.Sometimes the obvious isn't always that obvious!!. hugs Mrs A.

Lisa Jane said...

OOh this is beautiful. Gorgeous colours
Lisa x

Harriet Hensley said...

fabulous creation Dana

Naomi said...

Oh, Dana, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! Glad to see you're still exercising your creative genius!

xoxo,
Naomi

Judy said...

This is stunning. Always love to see your new creations, and be inspired.

xo

Dina Kowal said...

You and MEEEEEEE girl, hopping back and forth and in circles between genres and mediums. Love your lily - I just finished an ATC of an orchid growing beside my house - so very fun.

Becky said...

wow..This is just stunning.

Trena in Naperville said...

Beautiful Dana!

Take care andSTAY POSITIVE!