Wednesday, June 19, 2013


 I sketch....a LOT, but I don't often share those here. I thought I would share some of these raw works every so often. Here's one in charcoal:
This one was done from my imagination. The next one was done in graphite.
This one was using a photo "reference". She is not identical to the photo but it helps me tremendously in the curves of her neck, slightly titled head, even the line of her jaw and of course, the shading. She's not so  "raw" as the first one but I was with a family member in the hospital when doing this and had a lot of free time while they recuperated. 
Thanks for dropping by =0)



Heather Santos said...

Love these!!!

Von said...

Truly remarkable renderings, Dana. Each one is so unique yet similar with your personal view of each. Just wonderful! I can well imagine the situation that you made you grateful for dated and timestamped needs. ;-)

Annette McCarty said...

Dana, You (and your work) are one of a kind! You have YOUR OWN style, a gift from God and you are absolutely blessed and a blessing!

MaxineD said...

Beautiful work Dana.

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

I love both of these. Simply wonderful.