Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Grapes in Cut Crystal

This is a watercolor I've been working on since Sunday:
Have you ever heard of the ning Paint My Photo? It is an amazing site that brings artists and photographers together. Photographers from around the world upload their photos and guess what??? They actually WANT you to paint it... lol! No worries about someone screaming copyright infringement. The photo's will astound you! I've been a member for a couple years and all I can say is, you really need to check it out! 
I painted this from a reference photo taken by Lillian Bell. Thank you so much Lillian! It is a gorgeous photo!!
If you happen to join over at Paint my Photo you can find me here

Hugs~
Photobucket

7 comments:

Gina Shillitani said...

AMAZING Dana!!!!! Beautiful job!!!

Ann said...

This is amazing work Dana! The cut crystal is gorgeous and the grapes look scrumptious! I think I'll check out the site, thanks. :)

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Wow! Your portrait is simply beautiful Dana.

Von said...

OMGosh Dana -- that is flippin gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! That would be a challenge in oils, let along watercolour! You ROCK !!! I'm a member of PMP too! Under Yvonne, of course. Much of what I've painted has come from there too. Love those photographers and Roy and Ro both are lovely people. ((hugs))

Tracy said...

There are not even words to express how amazing this piece of art is my friend. Just wow........

Carla said...

beyond amazing....just gorgeous!

Magenta said...

This is so awesome, rich in colour, simply fantastic!