Monday, July 1, 2013

Hummingbird and Zinnia

Hey guys! It's the first of the month and I've been waiting to share with you this months release for Whimsy Stamps.  I chose to do a hummingbird with a zinnia, simply called Hummingbird:

 I created the background using Pan Pastels first in blue. Then I misted one of my swirly background stamps with alcohol and stamped.  After that I cut out the colored image and popped it up on foam tape then I went over the background with Pan Pastels in white to lighten it up some. 

And this time I remembered!!! Yay! Here's the copic color swatches I used:
I had a ball coloring this one! Zinnia's come in so many colors and this whole process from the drawing to completion was inspired by seeing an orangey pink one.  (silly Google spell check.. orangey is DEFINITELY a word in my world).
As always, I am humbled and grateful that you have come to look! Have a great day =0)


Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Beautiful card Dana! There is always so much inspiration over here.

Frea Konings said...

Hi Dana, gorgeous card, love your colouring! Hugs Frea

Carol B. said...

Beautiful card, pretty colors.

Annette McCarty said...

I am so glad you invited me to come see your beauties! You are so talented and God sure knew who to give that talent to. Ya' dun good on this one! I love it!

Von said...

That's just beautiful, Dana! I love Zinnia's - its one of the flowers that mama and daddy always had in their summer gardens and those bursts of colour amidst the gladiolas was always such a visual joy. :-)

Rachel said...

Beautiful Dana!

Fleur Dust said...

This is sooo beautiful! Thank you for sharing and posting close ups. I am going to try to draw this free hand if you do not mind. Would you like to see the finished product? I will make sure to post your blog site for credit. Thank you for posting colors. I only have prismas, but I think I can match this. Wow this is fantastic!!

Tracy said...

Lovely GF! Such beautiful shading on that flower. Hugs!

MaxineD said...

I love Zinnias and you have coloured this beautifully Dana. The background is a stunner too.