Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fall Leaves WIP

I rarely share WIP, mainly because I get so lost in the creating I forget to take pics. Today I remembered!  Some of my friends were talking this morning (and yesterday) about how much we love fall. The colors just wow me like nothing else. And given my recent love of negative painting I started working on this:
I cannot tell you how much I LOVE mixed media! I am finally getting to the point where I can just stop over thinking it and just have fun. 
Here's a close up:
Back to the drawing board but as always, thanks for dropping by =0)

Hugs~
Photobucket

3 comments:

Von said...

Ohhhhh Dana -- LOVE this (and you know I'm not overly on orange) but the mixup with the greens and teal (!!) and little pops of red -- well it just makes it SING! Brilliant!

Harriet Hensley said...

gorgeous ... nothing like fall colors

sweetpea1030 said...

Hi, Dana
The backgrounds on some of the mixed media is beautiful. Like yours, you can zoom in or out, focus on one part or the other...I've begun to think of them as background papers. So please try to remember to take pics of WIP because the backgrounds are another feature of the art. I really like both pics of your project, the close up is my fav, but the whole paper is full of beautiful fall colors.
Thanks for sharing.