Friday, October 18, 2013

Planets

Hi all! A few weeks ago I posted a video on my YT channel showing me playing with some negative painting. I was first exposed to negative painting in the watercolor painting world. The very first were by Karlyn Holman, Lian Quan Zhen and Linda Kemp and I've been getting more and more obsessed with the process ever since. You can search for all three artists on YT to see excerpts from their workshops on Artistnetwork.tv. I wanted to take that process a step further and add some mixed media spice to it ;)
My good friend (and amazing ARTIST!!) Darcy just posted a piece she did after watching my video. It just warms my heart like you can't believe to see someone take something, run with it and put their own spin on it! Please check out Darcy's post here.

And if you missed the YT here it is:
I hope you have a wonderful, art filled day and don't forget, there's still plenty of time to get in on Soul Food

Hugs~
Photobucket

3 comments:

Maxine D said...

Hmm - I am sure this could become an addiction!! Loved the video and enjoyed watching the process and the end result was amazing!
Blessings
Maxine

Frea Konings said...

Hi Dana, I did miss your video and am so glad I've seen it now. Love this painting, and all the depth you added! Those circles seem to be floating in space. Love it. Hugs Frea

Annette McCarty said...

Hi my dear friend, I am amazed at this. You actually painted in 3D. Ok, now its time for me to see ypou and hug your neck!!!Love this art piece - "can I have it?"<3