Thursday, December 5, 2013

Face and Flowers

Hi all!  I pulled out a journal I made a while back and have never really done anything in. Each page is already painted, stenciled, stamped, etc. so all I have to do is add whatever I want to the page to finish it off. 


I've been going crazy making faces in this journal. Maybe sometime soon I'll do a flip through. I used DecoArt Americana paints, watercolor pencils and Neo II watersoluable crayons by Caran D'Ache and Staedtler colored pencils. 

Here's one of the next pages I am going to start. I definitely see a shape already emerging. What do you see?
If any of you have never tried this all you need to do is drop rubbing alcohol onto wet paint. I paint an undercoat, let dry then apply a nice juicy layer (contrasting color)  and drop the alcohol while it's still wet. 

Hugs~
Photobucket

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Dana she is beautiful . thank you for the tip on rubbing alcohol.

sweetpea1030 said...

Absolutely beautiful, Dana. Love the color palette. Wish I had such talent. But, thank God, I have eyes that allow me to enjoy others -- including yours. Thanks for sharing.

Maxine D said...

What a beautiful image you have pointed this time Dana - I think I can see a ghost shape in the new page... thanks for the tip about the alcohol.
Blessings
Maxine