Monday, January 20, 2014

Freestyle Sketching

Were you afraid I was going to say "gelli" one more time this week? lol. 
Nope, only a quick post to share my Soul Food lesson with Gwenn Seemel. I love Gwenn's style and her lesson really helped me to "get over myself" like my good friend Dede says ;)  Dede is an AMAZING artist and teacher (she teaches FREE weekly on UStream). If you haven't seen her portrait she did of Mystele you can check that out here.
So back to Soul Food and Gwenn's lesson:
This was done with a $4.99 set of Crayola markers. Oh what fun! I am a huge sketcher BUT with graphite and an ever present eraser. Time to stretch some arty muscles in the new year, eh? 
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will check out the links I posted above for Gwenn and Dede, you won't regret it :)
And once again, a reminder that if you are intrigued by this you can still join us in Soul Food. I believe enrollment is open until March. 



froebelsternchen Susi said...

this looks gorgeous Dana...
what fab marker work you did..


Chuck Croll said...

Here's a test comment. See:

Bridget said...

I love ,love this. So colorful I can't believe its markers.

Shari Nelson said...

Very beautiful!

Maxine D said...

This is stunning - way to go with the cheap supplies :-).