Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Gelli Plate Prints with Packing Tape

All last year I put off getting a gelli plate thinking, pfft, I can do that with __________ fill in the blank! I tried it with everything and yes, I was able to get prints.  After Christmas I put some gift card $$ to good use and bought one. Geesh, all I can say is I don't know why I waited so long! 
Today I had a play at making some prints on clear packing tape after watching this amazing video by Gelli Arts

And looks at my results!!! 




I cannot wait to get these collaged onto some projects! They are so beautiful and shimmery in real life! 
I'm also playing along in Carolyn's Gelli Party! Head over and check it out!
Edit added 1/17/2014
I added some of these strips to a canvas and ended up with a very happy accident. You check out that vid  here.

Thanks for stopping by =0)

Hugs~
Photobucket

11 comments:

ArteDar said...

DANA!!! AWESOME...ya have me totally hooked on this now...can't wait to give it a go!
YOU ROCK!!!! TFS

Maxine D said...

Awesome results - I too have been thinking I can do that on.... maybe I will have to look around to find a gelli plate!
Blessings
Maxine

Idea Queen said...

Awesome results,,!

Ayala Art said...

Love them all!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥!!

rose of Walk in the Woods, LLC said...

VERY cool technique!
Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

by Gill said...

how cool is that idea. cleans your gelli plate and makes great tape for future projects, thanks for sharing.
Gill x

butterfliecrafter said...

Stunning tapes, and that for someone who only got the plate the other day, wow.

artzyfartzy said...

i love the tapes! Mine didn't turn out nearly as good as yours when i attempted to make some... I'll have to try again.

Melva said...

Wow!!!!!!!! How wonderful are your tapes. Must go to have a try......

Ashley Anne said...

Yes really it's a colorful Packaging Tape

mary knapp said...

This is awesome. Fun and very very addicting! :-) Thank you! Mary Knapp