Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Soul Food / Documented Life Journal

This morning I finished my journal for Grace Howes lesson in Soul Food. The only thing more fun than creating a journal? Filling it up!!!
 Of course, bright colors. I used DecoArts American paints
 I added in some papers from a DCWV paper pad that have these awesome die cut edges.

 And some vintage bags I can use as pockets.
Here's a close up of the pendant hanging from the front. I had made it a while back and had it my stash. The "bezel" is the back off of a watch. I filled it with some little trinkets including vintage music papers and a rhinestone off of some vintage jewelry. 
I am going to have this double duty for my Document Life journal. I don't document to the extent that a lot of people do but that's just A Okay!! 
Hugs~
Photobucket

6 comments:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Oh Dana this turned out absolut perfect and beautiful!

prairiethistle said...

Beautiful!!! Love the colors.
Carol B

Frea Konings said...

Hi Dana, love your art journal, can't wait to see you fill it up LOL! Hugs Frea

Maxine D said...

What a wonderful journal Dana - love the bright colours and the textures you have used.
Blessings
Maxine

Jamie Lynn said...

It's so pretty including the insides

hey that's how you are too

xoxo

ps you know I like the pockets hidden or no {grin}

Holly Young said...

Very pretty Dana! I love the colors and the fibers. Looks like you had a lot of fun making this.