Monday, January 27, 2014

Poppies

If you watched my Gelli Plate with clear packing tape transfer video last week you got a sneak peek at the canvas I have been working on. 
I finally got around to taking some pics of the completed canvas.
I was lucky enough to have recently found a used copy of the complete works of Alphonse Mucha. This was inspired by one of his drawings. 
And here's some close ups:

 That's the packing tape transfer at the top. I absolutely LOVE DecoArt One Step Crackle
 Here I was trying to create a faux encaustic look. Not sure if I achieved that or not but I DO love the way it turned out. 
Thanks so much for looking! Now to catch up on some of my Soul Food lessons =0)

Hugs~
Photobucket

6 comments:

Darcy UK said...

Stunning. I love how the canvas texture is still visible too in parts.

Suzanne said...

So awesome Dana!! Love her!

MsShutterbugg said...

So how did you do your faux encaustic look? I'm looking into trying to achieve that look myself

Maxine D said...

Beautiful!!
Blessings
Maxine

Jamie Lynn said...

I love her1

Carol B. said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the texture and your girls are always beautiful.