Sunday, February 9, 2014

Current WIP

This is my current work in progress that I started while hanging out with the family and watching parts of the Olympics. My grandson even helped with some of the spray ink parts. I can't go near my spray inks when he's around without him wanting to help. Which usually ends with both of us getting a spray in the face at least once ;)
I make my own spray inks with Daler Rowney FW Acrylic Inks. LOVE them!!

           12"x12" Painted over collaged papers



I know I should be heading to bed but I have a feeling I'll be back up in a few hours to start slinging paint! I can't wait!! 


Hugs~
Photobucket

5 comments:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

oh wow.. seems to become a beauty! fantastic background Dana!

MsShutterbugg said...

That's absolutely awesome Dana!

Maxine D said...

Who needs an image to be painted when the background is so fabulous!
Blessings
Maxine

Erin B said...

What do you add to the acrylic ink to make them into sprays? Do you just add water or acrylic medium? Have you tried the iridescent or metallic ink as sprays? I was wondering if the particles might clog the spray nozzles? Beautiful background!

Dana said...

Hi Erin. I just add water to my acrylics inks to use as sprays. I haven't tried the iridescent inks (yet). The sprayers I buy are very inexpensive but every so often I find I get a few that stop working, usually the ones that I've used acrylic paints with. I just soak them in hot soapy water. Some I can save, some I end of having to throw away.