Saturday, May 31, 2014

More Fierro Texture Paste

I have no idea why I haven't broke into this container sooner because I am in LOVE with this stuff!!!
It is made by DecoArt and comes in many colors (which I will also have to try) but this Iron Brown is amazing!!
I started with a collaged 12x12 piece of cardstock for my substrate:
Pretty fugly, huh? No worries, but I wanted to show you that it doesn't really matter what you start with, it will hardly show at all by the time you are done. And those little bits that shine through you couldn't (or I couldn't rather) have planned in a gazillion years.
So on to scooping out some luscious Texture Fierro with my palette knife.... 
And scrape...
Then I took a little piece of shelf liner and pushed it into the wet paste for some added texture:
And now to add some paint:
I used a mixture of both heavy body to push the background back and transparent so it could shine through in other places.
Then I added some turquoise with my chevron roller and a few pieces of decorative Scotch tapes:
And sketch in my face with a Stabilo Marks All pencil:
The Stabilo Marks All pencil IS water reactive so you may not care for it if that's not your cup of tea. I used to sort of a freak about marks staying where I put them but I am finding I like to lose control more and more. But I can tell you I was in Caran d'Ache heaven using my trusty Neo II's <3
Some final touches:
Not crazy about that one piece of deco tape coming straight out of the top of her head... lol. Not being hard on myself, just being honest. But it is what it is and I won't let one small thing like that take away from how pleased I am with the rest of it. This is the most free and loose I've ever been throughout the entire process.  To quote the hokey pokey song, "and that's what it's all about" =0)
Edit added 6/1/14
Couldn't put her away with the tape, lol! It was an easy fix.. pulled it up, moved it and redraw lines in her hair, etc. Much happier with the composition now:



froebelsternchen Susi said...


Maxine D said...

Love it Dana - it is gorgeous, but I can see what you mean about the tape, but only after you mentioned it.

Clare Lloyd said...

She is wonderful.

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

I love it, wish I could draw faces like that.

mandiii20 said...

Absolutely stunning Dana!!!!!

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Oh so fabulous! You had me until I had to sketch the girl onto the page;) I may have to try this technique minus the girl. I don't this stick figures will complement the wonderful background.

Jean9 said...

How gorgeous! I just love faces painted onto a mixed media page, the face comes to life.