Sunday, June 8, 2014

Another Striped Neck Girl

I sketch these "Striped Necked Girls"pretty often and decided to go ahead and paint another one yesterday. 
I started by transferring my sketch onto my background with graphite paper:
Then to start working on adding paint to her face and hair:
Once I get into the flow I pretty much forget everything else so I don't have any other "in progress" pics. Here's what she looks like all finished:
Here's some close ups:

 This pic really shows how well the DecoArt Texture Fierro paste takes colored pencil!! LOVE!!! (I used Iron Brown) 

Thanks so much for swinging by =0)



Harriet Hensley said...

She is beautiful.... beyond words really...

Bridget said...

wow I know I keep saying this .but truly beautiful .

Maxine D said...

Wonderful - love this one - the colours, the texture and everything.

Tanya McAlexander said...

Absolutely stunning and gorgeous. I truly love it Dana!

Tanya McAlexander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carmen Sánchez-Buster said...

Wow!! Love her!! Love the layers and that face!! Blessings to you and may you continue to use the gift God has placed in your hands!!

Kathi said...

This is gorgeous!

I just saw this on Facebook and had to click the link!

That face and the layers of color and texture are wonderful.

Timemimi 當代迷你倉 said...