Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Mixed Media Portrait

If you came by last week sometime you might have seen my most recent background, if not here it is:
You can see the last post for a few more close ups. My substrate is a collaged piece of 12x12 cardstock. 
And here is the completed piece:

What a fun process! Backgrounds are what got me excited about mixed media to begin with and they are still what "floats my boat". 
One final close up so you can see all those scratches in her face:
I used:
DecoArt Blue Bahama, which mine is a really old bottle so it's actually called Bahama Blue) Professional quality Media Fluid Acrylics
And all that yummy texture in the background, can't forget the Texture Fierro paste in Iron Brown. 

Thanks for swinging by and happy arting!! =0)

Hugs ~


Becky said...

wow Dana, this is just awesome. Gorgeous colors and coloring.

Maxine D said...

Dana this is amazing - I love how you have painted the portrait and let the background shine through.

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing creation and I admire you for your talent.xx
aNNie The Journey is the Start