Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Another Mixed Media Face

I need to work on my post titles, don't you think?;p  
I'll blame a lack of caffeine intake this morning.
If you follow me on Instagram  then you saw my experiment with creating my own course gel medium. It is a lot courser than my fav DecoArt Fierro Paste (I like the Iron Brown) but it was fun to play around. 
Here's how the page looked when I added my face and the first layers of my underpainting:
The hair was done by drawing with the applicator for Daler Rowney F&W acrylic inks in Pearlescent Waterfall Green. Even in this pic you can see how reflective and awesome they are. They are nice and thin so no extra water was needed to create the drips. 
Then it was on to layers and layers of acrylic paint, which wasn't my original choice. I had originally wanted to keep it more transparent with the background shining through but I went too far at one point and then there was no backing up.
So on wards it was:
I added final details with my Prismacolor Premeire pencils:
You can see some of the textures better there and here's one more textured spot:

I'm thinking I need to do something with a bird soon, it's been a while since I "put a bird on it" =0) 



Maxine D said...

She is gorgeous Dana - love that texture you have going there :-)

Angelique said...

Hi Dana, your work is wonderful, I love it. Just found your blog today via Jennibellie. I noticed your blog name on the beautiful art work you did. Your work is stunning. So glad I found your blog today :-)