Thursday, August 7, 2014

Summer Daze Art Journal Page

Hey guys! I played around last night in my 5"x7" journal and did a double page spread. 

I have dubbed her "Summer Daze" because she looks like she is remembering those beautiful sunsets we saw last week in Florida =0)

I wanted to layer pure colors of pure pigment so I went for a contemporary primary palette. I used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics (Professional grade) in Yellow Iron Oxide, Cobalt Turquoise hue and Primary Magenta.  The Primary Magenta is available in the starter kit available here. The others will be rolling out soon and when I hear of a date I will be sure to let you know. 
The background is mostly just splatters and the magenta bits I blew with a straw. I am thinking about doodling them into flowers but we'll see ;)

The details I added with Prismacolor Premiere Pencils 
Thanks for stopping by and now I have to get busy on a zine for a swap. If I keep saying that enough I might actually start working on it, lol!
Happy Arting =0)



Harriet Hensley said...

She is gorgeous....I got my set of mixed media acrylics yesterday and going to play today, I hope....

Maxine D said...

Simply beautiful