Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Chunky Journal

I was tearing pages out of an old book that I've been using as a journal for excess paint, etc. When I have extra paint leftover on my palette I scrape it in there, or clean off stencils, that sort of thing. It was getting sort of thick so I was thinning out the pages as I went and yesterday I just bit the bullet and thinned out the entire book (yes, it was a fat book!!) I ended up with enough to make two (possibly three!) little chunky journals. The second one is still waiting for the signatures to be sewn it but here's the first one all done:

I can't wait to start filling it up! The color of these old pages and the feel of them is great! 
I'm sorry I don't have any "how to" pics. I was working on it off and on all weekend and just sort of forgot to take process shots.  
Thanks so much for swinging by! 


Maxine D said...

That really is one fat book Dana, but i am sure it will be well used. Love the illustration on the cover!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A gorgeous BOOK! I am impressed!

Harriet Hensley said...

OMGosh this is fabulous..... how did you make your signatures?