Thursday, September 4, 2014

Scraping Leftovers

When I created my last painting (scroll down for yesterdays post) I ended up with a large puddle of heavy body white paint and a nice size puddle of a violet purple. I hate to let that much go to waste so I scraped it into an old book that was laying on my table. I had been using the old text pages for collage. The pages are so thin that I glued a few together to give it some ooomph. 

And then the purple using my palette knife for both:
Here I was adding some texture into the wet paint with a little square of shelf liner:
Then it's just play time:
 Daler Rowney FW Acrylic Inks
Then spritzed with water. It is magic to watch pigments travel through water!!!
 Added turquoise chevron with my fav chevron roller (sorry, can no longer find some place that sells this!!) 

Some splatter of DecoArt Americana Neon paint in Sizzling Pink
And three different styles of washi tape here and there to finish it off. Well actually the washi tape was done before the pink splatters ;)
This was really quick and so much fun to just play!! 

Hugs~
Photobucket

2 comments:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

GORGEOUS PLAYING Dana!

Elaine Hughes said...

I seriously need to work in some art journal playtime soon!!! This is fab. :D