Friday, October 31, 2014

Foam Stamps and Journal Page

Hey guys! I found some foam pop up dots from some former something or other and decided to make some stamps out of them. 
They had adhesive on both sides so I just stuck them down in different patterns (using scraps and all) to pieces of corrugated cardboard. Then I went over them with heavy gel medium.
I decided to try them out in my old text book journal that had some scraped paint on the page already:

Stamped with white paint
 Stamped with Cream paint

 Stamped with black Archival Ink 

 Then the fun began with my watercolors



 I did many, many layers of glazes which is just basically washes of colors. I love seeing how colors look when glazed over each other rather than mixing them on your palette.
 I added the collage circles, some doodling with my dip pen in different colors of acrylic inks
Here's a close up. I love how that one stamp created a journaling spot. Here are the supplies I used:

Be sure to check back in on November 2nd when I will be having a very special giveaway =0)

Hugs~
Photobucket

7 comments:

Pamela Levingston said...

Which dip pen did you use? I am in love with all the color on this page!

Trina said...

Lovely!

cjEureka said...

very creative and frugal..love it...gonna start looking closer at my discards..thankfully i never throw a thing a way...reasoning i will need it for such a time as this...blessings

Martha Slavin said...

Dana,
Thank you for your posts. They are great for new ideas and methods!

Becky said...

wow Dana, this is awesome. What a great idea for reusing rubber.

ScrappyCamperSisters said...

Yummo lovely colors, I love the effect of the pen and ink

Belinda Basson said...

I really love the colours you used.