Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Family Tree

Thanks to my friend Mitzi for giving this piece the name "Family Trees - All tangles and deeply rooted". I love that!!
Here's a few close up's and then I'll share some process shots:

This started life on a 12x12 piece of cardstock that had been collaged:
At this point I had already added DecoArt Texture Fierro Paste in Iron Brown. While it was still wet I scratched into it:

Up until this point I didn't really have a clue what I was going to paint but that cool texture? Yea, light bulb moment... TREES!
I originally had painted the border with a mix of DecoArt Media Line Fluid Acrylics  Primary Magenta and Transparent Red Iron Oxide. But by the time I finished the trees I thought it needed something brighter. I gave it a coat of Titan Buff and then went over that with Quin Burnt Orange. 
There was lots of pushing some layers back and pulling others forward. Lots of scrapping paint on with a palette knife. Some splattering and here's one more final look:
Thanks for swinging by and Happy Arting =0)

Hugs~
Photobucket

3 comments:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

amazing Dana!

Maxine D said...

Fabulous!!
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

Your tree is awesome! Have a Blessed Resurrection Day.