Friday, May 29, 2015

Blacked Eyed Susans

After creating whimsy girl postcards for the last month or so I was itching to do something different. I learned a lot from doing those post cards and I hope to be able to share that someday soon (maybe a video??) But for today I am sharing a piece I created for my 12x12 loose page file folder journal. The background was already collaged which just left me free to paint.





I always thought purple was hard to photograph but this Phthalo Turquoise proved equally difficult! 
I can't wait to see what it looks like after it dries for a day or so and I give it a coat of varnish. 

Products used:
Daler Rowney FW Acrylic Ink  (Waterfall Green)
Jacquard Lumiere Acrylic (Bright Gold)
Assorted collage and tissue papers as well as texture pastes that I doodled into while it was wet.

I also can't miss the opportunity to remind you about sign ups for the classes being offered at Community Thrive. My Soul Food class from 2014 is being offered for $35. I take you step by step through how I create a mixed media background, draw a whimsy girl face, collage with antique music papers, draw and paint angel wings, draw a whimsy bird AND how to make it look like it is an antique fresco painting.  Some of the feedback I received after my 2014 workshop is that it made things "click". Here is what we will create together:
I would love to see you in class! Sign ups are open now =0)
Happy Arting!!

Hugs~
Photobucket

2 comments:

Maxine D said...

Dana these Black Eyed Susans are gorgeous - love the depth of colour and the background is perfect for them.
Blessings
Maxine

happyDiane said...

Your flowers are great! You said that you picked out a background that you had already worked on, do you add more to it when you are working on your painting? Do you have an idea of what you are going to paint and then go through your stash of backgrounds?