Sunday, May 24, 2015

Bubble Bowl

I was going through my loose 12 x12 file folder journal yesterday morning looking for a collaged piece to start a painting on. I came across two paintings I wasn't crazy about and decided to pull those out to try to rework them if I could. 
I always did love the background (the underlying textures you can't really see in this pic) and the colors. I wasn't happy about a few things compositionally, namely how the horizon line (or tabletop) is right at the lip of the bubble bowl. Also the flower arrangement itself didn't appeal to me. This is where it stands so far:
It may still go through more evolution's but I am happier with it now. 
Now to see if I can "fix" the next one!



froebelsternchen Susi said...


Pia Rom said...

Wow, it turned out so great! How amazing the new direction looks! The transparency of the water and the bright colors of the bloom look gorgeous!! ♥ Conny
Piaroms Art Journaling

Maxine D said...

Great 're-cycling' Dana - the outcome is quite stunning.

APG Jamie said...

now that's a boo K


J L Johnson said...

Lovely picture.

sweetpea1030 said...

Glad you decided to "fix" it and share, Dana. The colors are beautiful.

sweetpea1030 said...

The top one shows up on blogger and looks incredibly three-dimensional. Really, really pretty, Dana.